Sikeston Senior High School Scholarship List
1. Deadline: March 1, 2021. AGC of Missouri Education Foundation Scholarship Program. Three scholarships are awarded: Young Executive Club Scholarship, Construction Leadership Council Scholarship and Education Foundation Scholarship. Applicants must be planning to pursue a career in the construction field. Applications are located outside the counselor’s office
2. Deadline: March 1, 2021. American Chemical Society Scholarship. Minimum 3.0 GPA, Must be African-American, Hispanic/Latino or native American students only, demonstrate financial need, majoring in chemistry, biochemistry, chemical engineering, or chemically-related science. Apply online at http://www.acs.org/content/acs/en/funding-and-awards/scholarships/acsscholars.html.
3. Deadline: March 1, 2021. Missouri STEM Signing Day Scholarship. 10 recipients of a $1000 scholarship will be given out. For seniors who are planning to go to a 2 year, 4, year or technical school in the Fall of 2020. Applications will be evaluated on the basis of passion for STEM learning, advancing society through STEM, high school activity involvement and scholarship. Apply online at: https://mochamber.com/signingday/.
4. Deadline: March 1, 2021 Project 21 Essay/Poster/Video Scholarship. There are 6 scholarships available by completing this scholarship application. If you choose to participate in this scholarship, there is a requirement of doing something for each between 12/1 and 2/15. Applications are available outside the counselor’s office or online at: https://www.missouricasinos.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/2021-Project-21-Application.pdf
5. Deadline: March 1, 2021. Scholarships for Survivors. This is a group of scholarships for current patients or survivors of cancer or another life-threatening disease, 2 recommendations, transcripts needed, and essay. Application can be found at http://www.patientadvocate.org/index.php?p=69.
6. Deadline: March 1, 2021. MAMIC Scholarship. The Missouri Association of Mutual Insurance Companies is awarding eight $1000 scholarships to Missouri high school seniors. Applicant must be accepted by an accredited college, university, community college or vocational school within the state of Missouri. Consideration will be given to need, grades, activities, and essay. Applications are available online at: https://www.mamic.net/mamic-scholarship/.
7. Deadline: March 3, 2021. Bob Depro Scholarship. For SHS seniors who will be enrolled full time in a college or university. Applicants must be of good moral character, have a need for financial assistance, have completed a minimum of 50 service hours and have demonstrated scholastic ability. Applications can be found outside the counselor’s office.
8. Deadline: March 3, 2021. Southeast Missouri Superintendents Association Scholarship Application. Award is $750. For high school seniors enrolled in a school district that is a member of the Southeast Missouri Superintendents Association. Must be planning to enroll in an undergraduate program for the upcoming fall semester as a first year freshman. Must intend to teach K-12 upon completion of an undergraduate program. Applications are available outside the counselor’s office or a fillable application can be found on google classroom.
9. Deadline: March 5, 2021. 2019 Missouri Bankers Foundation Scholarship. The applicant must be planning on a major in an area that will lead to a career in banking. You can find the application online outside the counselor’s office or online at: https://www.mobankers.com/MBA/About_MBA/Missouri_Bankers_Foundation/S/MBA/AboutMBA/MissouriBankersFoundation/Scholarships.aspx?hkey=991c5840-d511-4eb3-9098-e786b38e5b29
10. Deadline: March 5, 2021. Mary Margaret Story Yarbrough Memorial Scholarship. Must be a graduating senior girl at SHS, must have participated in school sports, be a good citizen, and have a B average. Applications are available outside the counselor’s office and it is fillable.
11. Deadline: March 5, 2021. Kiwanis Club of Sikeston, Missouri. For a Sikeston High School senior who will be enrolled full time in a college or university. The scholarship is granted based upon financial need and scholastic ability. Applications are outside the counselor’s office and it is fillable.
12. Deadline: March 5, 2021. MOACAC Braxton Rethwisch Scholarship. The Missouri Association for College Admission Counseling (MOACAC) offers this scholarship to high school seniors who have a 2.5 GPA or higher and must be enrolled as a full-time student at a MOACAC member postsecondary institutions. Information about the scholarship can be found outside the counselor’s office or online at. https://stlouisgraduates.academicworks.com/opportunities/2492
13. Deadline: March 8, 2021. The Bridging the Dream Scholarship for High School Seniors: In 2021, The Sallie Mae Fund will award (25) $10,000 scholarships to high school seniors who plan to enroll in a two- or four-year degree professional certificate, or vocational training program. Seniors who excel inside and outside of the classroom and demonstrate financial need can apply now through March 8 at www.salliemae.com/landing/bridging-the-dream.
14. Deadline: March 11, 2021. Midwest Affordable Housing Educational Opportunities. They are providing five $4000 scholarships to graduating high school seniors residing in Affordable Housing Developments or Public Housing Authorities and plan to attend a community college, a four year college/university or qualified vocational/technical school. Must have a 2.75 GPA. Applications can be found outside the counselor’s office.
15. Deadline: March 12, 2021. Highway Hero Honoree Scholarship. For seniors graduating in 2021. The Division 10 Highway Employees’ Credit Union is awarding three $10,000 scholarship to eligible Division 10 members. Qualified applicants meet the following criteria: A member of the Division 10 Highway Employees’ Credit Union and a current high school senior. For more information and to apply, click on the link: https://div10cu.com/highway-hero-scholarship
16. Deadline: March 15, 2021. Farm Credit SEMO Scholarship. Farm Credit SEMO is now offering $1000 scholarships to high school graduates who plan to major and pursue a career in agriculture. They must reside in a county where Farm Credit SEMO operates. The application can be found online at: https://www.farmcreditsemo.com/scholarship-program.html.
17. Deadline: March 15, 2021. The Masonic Scholarship Fund of Missouri, Inc. One application for 3 separate scholarships. The application is located outside the counselor’s office or online at http://momason.org/scholarships/
18. Deadline: March 15, 2021. Charles E. Kruse Agricultural Scholarship. Applicants must be Missouri residents and they, their parents, or guardians must hold a current Farm Bureau membership in Missouri. Student must be declaring a major in the agriculture field. Applications are available outside the counselor’s office or online at https://mofb.org/scholarships-and-grants/charles-e-kruse/.
19. Deadline: March 15, 2021. Shell Oil Company Technical Scholarship. Must be a graduating high school senior enrolling in geology, geophysics, physics, chemical, civil, electrical, geological, geophysical, mechanical or petroleum engineering. Upon successful completion of first year studies and other criteria established by Shell, the recipient may be eligible to apply to receive a four-year renewable award of $5,000 annually. Applications can be found by going to: http://www.shell.us/careers/students-and-graduates/scholarships/scholarship-opportunities-for-high-school-seniors.html
20. Deadline: March 15, 2021. Bloom Therapy Services, LLC Scholarship. For Sikeston High School seniors who are pursuing a career in one of the following areas: Speech-Language Pathology, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Music Therapy, Education of the Visually Impaired, or Orientation & Mobility. Student must have 25 on the ACT and a 3.5 GPA. Award is $500. The application can be found outside the counselor’s office.
21. Deadline: March 31, 2021. Sikeston R-6 Grow Your Own Teacher “Murray Sullivan Scholarship” . (2) $500 renewable scholarships. Requirements to apply: must be a SHS senior, must be a member of the Grow Your Own Teacher program, must be planning to enroll in an undergraduate program for the upcoming fall semester and major in education, and must intend to teach pre-K through 12 upon completion of an undergraduate program. The application can be found on the GYOT google classroom.
1. Deadline: April 15, 2021. rootED Undergraduate Scholarship. Application opens January 1st. 9 awards will be given out for students graduating from 14 high schools in our area. Award is $10,000 annually. Students must be planning to enroll in a bachelor’s degree program at an accredited, nonprofit college or university. Students must have a minimum GPA of 2.0 and demonstrate financial need. More information can be found outside the counselor’s office or complete the application online by April 15th at the following website:. https://stlouisgraduates.academicworks.com/opportunities/2521.
1. Deadline: May 1, 2021. Visionary Scholarship Program. Awards range from $1000 to $5000. You must register online to receive an application. There is a 500 word essay required on “Why College is Important to Me”. For more information go to: www.americancollegefoundation.org.
1. Deadline: June 7, 2021. Balanced Man Scholarship. For senior males who are planning to attend the University of Missouri in the fall of 2021. SigEp sponsors the scholarship but there is no obligation to join, they are looking to recognize balanced men who live the values of SigEp. The application can be found at: https://missouri.sigep.org/bms/.
College Specific Scholarships
**These schoarships are subject to change per college discretion. Please visit the college’s scholarship website for the most up to date information.**
Southeast Missouri State University ** http://semo.edu/sfs/financialaid/scholarships/institutional.html**
Name of Award GPA ACT Amount
Copper Dome Scholarship 2.75 Superscore $1000 up to $5000 (value increases annually)
President’s Scholarship 3.75 31 $10,000 (value increases annually)
Residence Life Leadership Award 3.0 18 $1,000
Missouri State University ** https://www.missouristate.edu/policy/Op5_08_10_EnteringFreshmenScholarships.htm**
Name of Award GPA ACT Amount
Presidential Scholarship 31 $12,500 per year
Board of Governors Scholarship 3.0 28-36 $5,000 per year
Provost Scholarship 3.0 26 or higher $3,000 per year
Deans’ Scholarship 3.0 24 or higher $2,000 per year
Hutchens/SGA Centennial Leaders Scholarship 20 or higher $2,500 per year
Murray State University **https://www.murraystate.edu/admissions/scholarships/newfreshmen.aspx**
Name of Award GPA ACT Amount
Trustee Scholarship 3.7 33-36 100% tuition + $1500 annually
Regents Scholarship 3.6 30 & above 80% tuition+ $1,500 annually
Provost Scholarship 3.5 28 & above 60% tuition+ $1,000 annually
Carr Scholarship 3.5 26-27 45% tuition
University Scholarship 3.0 24 & above 20% tuition
Deans 3.0 21-23 $1500 annually
National Merit Finalist 100% tuition
University of Missouri-Columbia **https://admissions.missouri.edu/scholarships/**
Name of Award ACT Amount
Chancellor’s Award 31-36 $6500
Curators Scholars Award 28-30 $4500
Excellence Award 25-27 $3000
Missouri Land Grant for pell eligible students, 100% of unmet need for tuition and fees
Missouri Land Grant Honors for pell eligible students, 100% of unmet need for tuition, fees, and average cost of housing & dining
National Merit Finalist 100% tuition and fees + add’l $
National Merit Semifinalist 100% tuition and fees + add’l $
Stamps Scholars Award 32-36 COA + $16,000
Mizzou Scholars Award 33-36 $10,000
Mississippi State University **https://www.admissions.msstate.edu/freshmen/money-matters/scholarships/academic-scholarships/**
Name of Award GPA ACT Amount
Presidential Scholarship 30 or higher $75,000 for four years + add’l $
Provost Scholarships 3.75 30 or higher $8,500 +add’l $
Freshman Academic Excellence 3.0 22 or higher $8,000-$20,000 annually
Colvard Future Leader Scholarship 3.5 26 or higher $1,000 to $2,500
Alumni Non-Resident Tuition 3.0 32 and below $4,000
Arkansas State University **https://www.astate.edu/info/admissions/undergraduate/paying-for-college/tuition-assistance/scholarships/index.dot**
Name of Award GPA ACT Amount
ASTATE Scholar 3.5 32 or higher $15,000
ASTATE Excellence 3.5 30-31 Superscore $9,220
AState Leadership 3.5 28 Superscore $8,220
3.5 29 $8,720
ASTATE Pride 3.25 25 Superscore $6,720
3.25 26 Superscore $6,970
3.25 27 Superscore $7,220
ASTATE Spirit 3.25 24 Superscore $3,000
Arkansas Promise 3.00 23 Superscore $3,000
Out of State 3.00 24 Superscore Equals out of state tuition