Announcements : March 25-29
Mon Baseball @ St Louis Midwest Classic
Golf @ Notre Dame tournament
Track @ Cape Central
Girls soccer vs Notre Dame
Wed Girls soccer @ Kelly High School
Thur JV golf Sikeston Quad
Freshman Baseball @ Cape Central
- RED PEPPER DANCE
Students may not attend an extracurricular activity on the day of an absence, or if absent on the last day preceding the event without permission of the principal.
Students may sign up out of town dates for the March 30th Red Pepper Dance Wed. March 13th through Wed. March 27th. No one below grade 9 or over the age of 20 may attend the dance. Out of town dates are required to show a picture ID when entering the dance. Students may not be readmitted to the dance after leaving the assigned area. The dance will begin at 8:00pm and end promptly at 10:30pm. NO one will be admitted to the dance after 8:45pm.
***Students who receive an after school detention, in school suspension or out of school suspension from Mon. March 18th through March 29th WILL NOT be allowed to attend the Red Pepper Dance. Additionally, those students that have been assigned an after school detention, in school suspension or out of school suspension which runs into the two week period will not be allowed to attend the dance!
- Attention Red Peppers:
- Junior Red Peppers will stay after school on Friday to decorate for the Spring Red Pepper Dance. We will begin at 3:15 and stay until everything is finished. This often takes until 9pm. If you do not decorate, you are not allowed to attend the dance on Saturday.
- The Red Pepper Banquet will be Saturday at 11am. Please RSVP and pay for your banquet by WEDNESDAY March 27th at 3pm. Anyone who receives a cheer position or the office they ran for will be asked to stay after the banquet for 30 minutes to set up for the dance and take pictures.
- The Red Pepper Dance is Saturday from 8-10:30. This is a formal dance. No jeans allowed. Only Red Peppers and their date may attend the dance. The Grand March will take place at 10pm. All Seniors, Incoming and Outgoing Officers, Cheerleaders and Peppy Peppers will be included in the Grand March. Please stop by the library this week and let us know your escort.
- On Sunday March 31st at 8am, all Sophomores with last names J-Z (or any sophomore who didn’t attend in the fall) will clean up after the Red Pepper Dance. This takes 30 minutes. If you do not attend, you earn 3 demerits. These demerits can only be worked off at the next Red Pepper Dance clean up in the fall.
- This is the final weekend for Red Pepper activities during the school year. Please continue to support the Bulldogs by attending spring sporting events.
- Students are reminded of our attendance policy. Each students gets ten days for their parents/guardians to call in to excuse absences. After they are gone, a note from a doctor will be required or the absence will be counted as unexcused and discipline will be assigned.
- The ACT Blitz sign up is Tuesday, March 26th. Sign up sheet is on “A” office door. You must be signed up for the April ACT test in order to participate.
- SENIOR MEETING----On Tuesday, April 2nd at 8:00 am there will be a meeting to discuss graduation and the end of the school year events. Josten's will be here that day to deliver graduation caps/gowns and announcements along with any other items you have ordered. They should be sending you a bill in the mail if you still owe on your order. You can also call them to find out how much you owe. Your order must be paid in full before they will allow your senior to take the items home. After the meeting, I will e-mail you a copy of the handouts that will be given to the senior that day.
- Friday, March 29th is a huge scholarship deadline. All applications must be turned in to Mrs. Thornbrough’s office by 3:20pm Friday. Please make sure you have read all of the "fine print" and included all of the extra documents that are needed for the scholarship applications.
The following scholarships are due.
- Daughters of Sunset
- Sikeston Community Teachers Association
- Sikeston Bulldog Booster Club
- H. Garwood Sharp Jr. and Ruth Felker Sharp
- Paul & Regina Meyer
- Joseph J. Mayer
- Imogene Ruth Albritton Mayer
- Friends of the Program
- Mary Margaret Story Yarbrough
- Lions Club of Sikeston
- Charles M. Reaves Memorial
- Matt Barnes Memorial
- Bruce Hampton Memorial
- Southeast MASA 'Student of the Year" Scholarship --you must mail or e-mail this one, address is located on the application
- SEMO-Sikeston--For students attending SEMO-Sikeston in the fall. You need to call SEMO-Sikeston and set up your Advising and Enrollment Session. The next date is Friday, April 5th. Call 573-472-3210 to RSVP. You will also need to activate your Southeast Key. The next dates after April 5th, are May 10th and June 13th.
- Job Opportunity for seniors-- Brick Layers Apprenticeship. Starting pay- $15.25 per hour with full benefits. If interested, contact Mike Oneill at 314-437-9199 or 314-621-5560.
- Anyone who made 3rd quarter honor roll can pick up their Honor Roll Cards with Mrs. Tumbleson in the Library.