Welcome to my online classroom.
My name is Carrie Corso and I teach special education grades 9-12 in a self-contained setting for students to receive small group instruction in all academic areas. In my class, students will use a positive behavior tracking form daily that records behaviors, social skills, and work progress on a hourly basis.
On my page, you will find a daily schedule with our classroom routine andclassroom rules and expectations. You will also find web based lessons that can be completed remotely in case of a school closure.
Daily Classroom Schedule
- Music, Yoga, or Walk
- Independent Read, Write, Draw
- Daily News
- Social Skills
- Goal Work
- Writing (complete 1 lesson)
- Reading (complete 1 lesson)
- Math (complete 1 lesson)
- Government *if additional time is needed
- If there is extra time you will pick additional lessons to complete until end of class period
- Have lunch with your classmates inside classroom
- Clean Tables after lunch
- Read, Write, Draw
- Monday- Campus Trash Pick-up
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday-Greenhouse
- Goal Work
- Group Activity (yoga, meditation, Ipad, Wii, music)
- Classroom Cleaning
Ms. Corso’s Class Rules
- Use steps to ask permission to use the following:
- Pencil Sharpener
- Class Materials/Supplies
- Getting out of chair
- Ipads are to remain on Ms. Corso’s desk until permission given
- No cell Phones are to be out or used
- Headphones must be taken off before entering classroom
- First tardy write steps, 2nd tardy write steps and lunch detention, 3rd tardy office referral
- Major offense from point sheet will result in writing steps
Beginning of Class Rules
- Enter room quietly when instructed to enter by a staff member
- Get your appropriate folder and book (according to agenda), then take a seat quietly
- Wait quietly for instructions from a staff member then begin work
- Get a cup from teacher in the morning
- Raise hand and ask permission to get water in classroom if you want a glass- Ask at an appropriate time, not in the middle of a lesson
- No trips to the water fountain will be allowed during a lesson
- Raise hand and ask permission to use restroom - Ask at an appropriate time, not in the middle of a lesson
- A staff member will escort you to and from restroom
- Restroom breaks are in between class periods or during an instructed time period
End of Class Rules
- Write homework in assignment notebook
- Ask a staff member to sign
- Put materials away when instructed by a staff member
- It is your responsibility to make sure all your points on the point sheet and your assignment notebook are signed by staff before leaving class. If not signed before leaving the classroom, no points will be given at a later time.
Lessons in case of school closures
- Go to www.wonderopolis.org on your school ipad. You will click on Wonder of the Day. Read and answer questions to story on ipad. Save your answers and submit via Google Classroom or complete on paper and return to school.
- Go to https://teenkidsnews.com/ on your school ipad. You will watch today’s news program and write 5 facts about what you learned. Save your answers and submit via Google Classroom or complete on paper and return to school.
- Go to https://www.readworks.org/ on your school ipad. You will login to your account. Read and answer questions to one reading passage.
- Go to link and start your morning yoga routine https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKA7fENhwEQ&list=PLxwFkFSeOQsjxkjWFt2YN2_30Z0b6_Adw&index=4&t=40s
- Go to https://www.journalbuddies.com/journal-prompts-writing-ideas/writing-for-fun-elementary-kids/ and pick one journal topic and write 5 sentences. Save your answers and submit via Google Classroom or complete on paper and return to school.